Thursday, July 31, 2014

Giants fleece tie blanket

Bryan has been asking for me to craft him up a fleece tie blanket for a while now. He has been gone for the past week, so I thought now was the perfect time to make him one and give as a birthday present. I was very nervous about making one because my first go at the whole tie blanket thing was a major fail… and the MLB fleece is not very cheap. This time I decided to actually look up a tutorial and not wing it. I found this from http://wordscribe43.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a-Tie-Blanket. It was very easy to follow and I didn’t have any problems. I whipped it up in a little under 3 hours while working and answering phones.

First I  layed out my fabric on top of each other. I Smoothed out all the wrinkles and then cut all the edges so they were even.

Then I cut a 4in square in each corner.

I then layed out a ruler and cut strips about 1in wide. After that I tieda few ties at every corner and in a few on the sides. I did that to prevent bunching.

I worked from the corners to the center if each side and that method worked perfectly.


 I’m very pleased on how It turned out! It’s the perfect size to take along to the games.

Go Giants :)- us at one of the May 2014 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment