Wednesday, August 6, 2014

While the husband was away....

I got to work with Operation Make Our House a Home... If you ask my it was pretty successful. Here's some pictures of some of my updates!
The curtains all came from Ross. I believe they were all $15 for a set. I have been collecting  the "R" for the past year. I'm in love with the boot picture! When I had the Whiskey and Rhinestones booth at The Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale the neighboring booth was selling the boot picture. My amazing grandma heard me talking about it and bought it for me :). The rug also came from Ross- It was the perfect color scheme and only $14
Tin "R"- Ross $12
Shelf mirror on the left- Yard Sale- $2

The small boat paddle was $5 at a thrift store. 
I scored the mirror in the corner from Hobby Lobby- only $12, originally $118.
Trunk was a Craigslist steal for $20

The White crate was form Joann's. I payed about $5 after a coupon. I painted it white, sanded it and wiped stain on it. Its now perfect for our remotes on the coffee table.




Sorry for the clutter and my dog, Sage.
I gave the bookcase a makeover with fabric it cost less than $10 and makes such a big difference.
The chest in the corner was another Craigslist find for $50. The ladder was free from my mom and used to be in a chicken coop lol

Paisley runner rug- Ross- $14

Close up of my purty table :)

This rug probably wont stay right here to long. Its actually a patio rug from Lows. I couldnt pass it up for only $12. One day when I get the energy ill re do my patio... Until then, I think it looks great where it is.

My bar tools are a work in progress. Sorry for the dark picture.

My counter was over run with clutter. So I purchased a wooden crate from Walmart- $8 and spray painted it white. For under $10 its the perfect way for me to organize all my cookbooks and it fits in with my rstic decor.


One of my best friends painted me the Sunflower picture a few years ago. Shutter is from a resale store. I believe I paid $5 for it. It has been all over with me at Whiskey and Rhinestones shows.

Sage approves :) I think I was successful on adding more charm and color to our home... and best part I didn't spend tooo much. Out of the items I did purchase, it was a span of a few years. Bryan was a little overwhelmed once he got home, but he said he didnt hate it :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment