Saturday, November 22, 2014

Friendsgiving and apple pie!

Fall is my favorite time of year! The colors, the smells, the food, the clothes, everybody seems to be more giving, and the holidays!

Our first celebration of the season was our Friendsgiving with most of our closest friends! Cody and Lisa were nice enough to host us all and it was a blast!

I somehow only took a few pictures-

Spurs plotting with the kids- something about hiding pies :)

Jason, Thomas and Whitney

I brought the Pioneer Woman's Mac and Cheese and it was a hit like always! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/macaroni-cheese/

I also brought a apple pie and tried my luck making it with a cinnamon roll crust- very easy and delicious! I just picked my favorite apple pie recipe for the filling and bought the premade crust... I know, I know, its the easy route, but its a busy time of the year!!


 I rolled out one of the crusts melted about 2tbs of butter, basted it over the crust and sprinkled the cinnamon all over.




I then rolled it up, wrapped it back up and let it sit in the fridge for awhile.



After it was firm, I cut it up and placed it in a pie dish.



I filled it about 3/4 full and pressed down on the little rolls forming the side crust and sealing all gaps.

I sprinkled a little more cinnamon over the top ;)

Fill it with your favorite apple pie filling.

I then topped it with little stars.



I brushed it with an egg and cinnamon sugar mixture


Sprinkled more cinnamon sugar on the top


Covered the edges and tossed it in the oven!

The finished product!


Spurs with his slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment